Headquarters: San Francisco URL:
Netlify is changing the way people build web projects, and people seem to like it! We are a growing team of talented, thoughtful, and diverse people rapidly shipping features to our customers.
We're looking for a Senior Communication Designer. As an early member of our Design team, you'll have a big impact on our visual identity, voice and tone, team culture, and our future.
What is my role?
- You'll master the visual tone of Netlify's marketing communications across web and other mediums, pushing it to the next level as our visual presence evolves.
- You'll craft intuitive user journeys and visually compelling layouts for our public facing web properties.
- You'll identify new opportunities to make an impact through design and envision brand-new concepts.
- You'll collaborate closely with other departments (especially marketing and product teams), facilitating communication on projects you lead.
- You'll contribute to building team-wide processes and practices to help our team grow.
What skills and experience do I need?
- You have produced high-quality websites in a team design environment for marketing software products.
- You can craft stunning design comps and build out functional prototypes of your work in code.
- You effectively combine messaging, layout design, and illustration to communicate a compelling visual story.
- You work well in a sprint-based environment, shipping with an iterative mindset, balancing projects and priorities to meet deadlines.
- You have strong written communication skills and are able to clearly communicate your intentions and present your ideas.
- You have a healthy relationship with feedback, and you know how to effectively elicit it from a design review session.
- You have at least a basic understanding of how modern web technologies work and are used by our customers.
- You pay attention to detail, and you will add your favorite emoji in the first name input field when applying. 😉
- You both embrace constraints and imagine new possibilities.
- You observe trends in the design community and care about where the industry is headed.
- You lead by example, seek to understand through active listening and questioning, actively address problems you identify, and assume responsibility for your work.
How can I really impress you?
- You've designed for marketing developer tooling products.
- You've used and contributed to visual design systems.
- You've worked in a Sketch + Abstract based workflow.
- You get excited about web development and are opinionated about front-end technologies.
- You're comfortable working in a GitHub based collaboration workflow.
- You are familiar with static build systems like Jekyll or Hugo, or front-end build tools like Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, etc.
- You've worked on themes for CMS systems like Wordpress or Shopify.
To apply for this opportunity, please provide a resume, cover letter explaining why you are interested to work with us, and a link to your portfolio website.
As part of the interview process, be prepared to present a previous project you were responsible for. We will be particularly interested to see how you approach problem-solving, decision-making, and design process to understand how you arrived at your final design decisions.
We can't wait to meet you! 🎉
What is Netlify all about?
Netlify is a platform for developers to build, deploy, and manage modern web projects. Basically, it's an easy to use backend for your static website.
We aim to perfect a unified platform that automates code; creating highly-performant sites and web-apps. Users should be able to simply push their code and let us take care of the rest.
We have been building Netlify since 2015. About half of our 30+ member team works remotely, and we are serving over 280,000 developers who use Netlify around the globe.
Netlify is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.