At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is hiring a Claims Specialist II to join our expanding Risk Management team. We’re changing both transportation and insurance here at Lyft! Our insurance solutions are revolutionary, innovative, and evolving.
- Oversee assigned claims within predetermined threshold and/or geography
- Effectively oversee claims in accordance with established claims handling strategies
- Ensure timely and appropriate reporting and evaluation of claims
- Work directly with Insurance Company and Lyft Partners to investigate and expedite claims
- Assure the establishment and maintenance of adequate and accurate reserves
- Monitor reserve changes and settlement requests and provide documented rationale to leadership when needed
- Identify and elevate early settlement opportunities
- Determine and report on subrogation potential
- Actively participate and drive results in quarterly claim reviews
- Review police and hospital records; claim notes, photos of property damage to assess adequacy of claim reserving and appropriateness of settlement requests. Suggest varying methods of investigation as needed
- Use RIMS system to optimizes tool for claims administration and reporting
- In new litigation matters, obtains facts from TPA’s and Insurers to assist in claim handling.
Experience & Skills:
- 7+ years of coverage and litigation and claims management, with an emphasis on auto liability
- Claims auditing/examination experience preferred
- Proven experience working at an insurance company in a multi-state environment, a self-insured entity, or a third party administrator
- Deep technical claims and legal knowledge, experience with RMIS systems a plus
- Highly organized, analytical and comfortable in high volume claims environment
- Empathetic and sensitive to our community while executing on assigned tasks
- Able to operate with high standards, integrity and with impeccable judgment
- Excellent listening, communication, verbal, and writing (documentation) skills
- Enthusiasm about Lyft and aligned with Lyft’s core values: Make It Happen, Uplift Others, and Be Yourself
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The post Claims Specialist appeared first on Jobspresso.