Headquarters: Iowa City, IA URL:
We're looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer (Frontend) to provide software engineering leadership and support using cutting edge technologies to support growing client needs. Lead a team of developers to build scalable, full stack Cloud–based offerings. Remote friendly role.
Our Technology Stack:
- React / Redux.
- JSON Schema / JSON Rules Engine / JSON Schema Forms.
- ES 6 Decorators, Async/ Await.
- Material UI, Bootstrap, Foundation, Styled Components.
- Docker / Kubernetes / Kafka / Elasticsearch.
MetaCommunications is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Software Engineer (Frontend) to provide software engineering leadership and support using cutting edge technologies to support growing client needs. Join a team of developers to build scalable, full stack Cloud–based offerings. Keep up–to–date with technical trends in the industry and evangelize the adoption of new technologies in solution architectures. Maintain responsibility for personal and team goals, give adequate direction to junior developers, and perform peer code reviews. Work extensively with business analysts and UX engineers to deliver world class solutions for clients.
MetaCommunications is a leader in providing innovative project management software for the world’s best creative teams. Our mission is simple: to build great products that make the best creative teams as productive as possible.
Individuals who succeed in this position are exceptional at sharing information, enthusiastic, learn quickly and seek opportunities for developing themselves and the team around them. We're looking for someone who isn't scared of the unknown and likes pushing the envelope. No day will look the same, but you will always be expected to rise to the occasion and overcome challenges.
Join our team and you will:
- Work with a high-performing team to deliver solutions for some of the world’s top brands.
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Optimize components for maximum performance.
- Grow in your knowledge of business processes as you see how some of the world’s top brands operate their creative and marketing teams.
Need to have:
- 2+ years of experience with software development.
- 1+ years of experience with React.js and Redux.
- Experience with Agile development methods, including TDD, CI, or automated testing.
- Git, Gitflow, d Experience using a version control system, such as git, mercurial, perforce.
- BA or BS degree.
- Experience with CSS pre–processor, including LESS or SASS.
- Experience with server-side technologies-Node.js, .Net Core.
- Experience with issue tracking and change control tools, Team Services, YouTrack, or Jira.
- Experience with building and consuming REST APIs.
- Experience with relational database systems, including PostgreSQL, SQL Server, or MySQL.
- Experience with technical document writing.
- Knowledge of IaaS Cloud hosting solutions, including AWS or Azure.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of web technologies.
- Experience with relational databases and T-SQL.
- Experience working with a team of developers on software applications.
We're a fun team. We build awesome products, solve hard problems and keep a good life balance. Our culture is one of our biggest strengths. In our company, people treat each other with respect and compassion, and together cultivate a culture of teamwork, learning, accountability, and fun. There’s a commitment to understanding the whole person, helping to create a shared, unquestioning environment.
- Medical/Dental Insurance.
- Generous PTO, including both maternal and paternal paid time off.
- Optimal workspace in the heart of downtown Iowa City.
- $20/month local gym membership within walking distance.
- Flexible work environment.
- Onsite board games.
Why work at Meta? We LOVE...
- Ability to work directly with our customers at Fortune 500 companies.
- Opportunity to see the software through the customer lens.
- We are passionate about what we do.
- We collaborate to identify solutions to problems.
- We challenge each other to be better.
- Continuous learners.
- A great mix of cultures and backgrounds.
- We hang out outside of work hours.
- Talented colleagues who want to solve customer issues using an innovative technology.
- People and talent-oriented leadership.
- Exciting technology.
- Environment allows you to quickly learn how software is developed, deployed and maintained.
- Fast-paced environment with new challenges at every turn.
- Opportunities to learn and grow into new roles.
- Our products enable people work smarter, not harder.
- Dramatically improve the work experience for our customers.
- Located in the heart of beautiful downtown Iowa City, only steps from the best eateries.
- Great view of the Ped Mall.
- Natural light everywhere!
- Farmer’s Market Wednesday.
- Inside bike racks.
- Downtown Iowa City parking.
To apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com