Headquarters: Leesburg, VA URL:
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Director of Software Quality Assurance to lead the Software Quality Assurance teams at Cofense, ensuring that the QA teams within Software Engineering Division are closely aligned with strategic vision of serving our customers.
- Lead and direct QA Managers and Leads [on-shore and offshore] within the dept., ensuring all activities in those teams are driving towards a high quality software for our customers developing and optimizing key processes with the objective to improve the quality of our offerings.
- Manage and mitigate risks to ensure on time, high quality delivery of all software products
- Work closely with Software Engineering leadership, other dept. heads and other internal, non-software groups (e.g. Product, Legal, Security) to help define Quality strategy as it relates to Software Engineering.
- Devise and execute on an automation testing strategy with an eye towards reducing reliance on manual testing
- Attract, Recruit and Develop rock star Quality team.
- Develop, implement and promote best practices in Software Quality Processes
- Create and foster a passionate quality assurance environment.
- Champions the vision of a high-preforming team and high-quality product
- Relies on experience to successfully manage all people and teams, represents good organizational values.
- Clearly and effectively communicates tasks and expectations
- Collaborate with Scrum Masters and Engineering Leads in planning software releases
- Generosity in coaching and mentoring cross-team members at all levels
- Drives the maturity and standardization across the technology organization in the areas of QA process, communication, defect prevention, automation and overall effectiveness in supporting the development lifecycle
- As part of defining and refining requirements, understand business goals and specific objectives, conduct requirement gap analysis to identify discrepancies to set clear expectations around business goals.
- Work with Engineering Management to make sure that QA needs for the product are well represented during budgeting and strategic planning
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
- 10+ years of QA experience, 5+ years in a management role within a SaaS environment
- Proven track record managing QA for a high-quality, Enterprise SaaS product using Agile
- Expertise in automation and test framework development
- Experience testing at the UI and API-level.
- Experience in communicating with users and project managers to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical requirements.
- Able to effectively motivate team members to set and achieve the corporate and individual goals
- Ability to effectively communicate goals, schedule, status, issues and risks to multiple levels both internal and external to the organization
- Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
- Pursues training and development opportunities;
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills;
- Shares expertise with others.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, life insurance
- Telecom expense reimbursement
- Telecommute (United States Only)
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
To apply: To apply for this position, please follow the link below: