Headquarters: Toronto, Canada URL: https://www.flowpress.com
FlowPress is a 100% remote WordPress agency managing big, scary and interesting WordPress based infrastructure. We’re looking for a talented leader to join our engineering team.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to combine your natural creativity, leadership and problem solving skills with your love of clean code and WordPress, then this might be the position for you. General Skills
- Code isn’t just poetry, it’s love
- You love GIT (When you fork things other than food)
- You’ve worked with teams in a scrum or agile environment
- You love clean, standardized code
- You understand the need for highly performant websites and what to measure.
Code & Tools
- You tinker with build systems like Gulp, Grunt and generally love automation
- You understand deployment processes and automated integration tests. It's possibly you've had some experience with tools such as Strider-CD, CircleCI, or Jenkins
- You have the urge to convert CSS to SASS
- You use filters and hooks to manipulate WordPress and don’t mix logic with templates unnecessarily.
- You're an enqueue'ing ninja and know how to properly register and enqueue assets within your plugins and themes.
- You've written plugins, and you practice DRY (don't repeat yourself) and KISS (keep it simple, stupid).
- You’ve looked into WordPress Core and have a solid understanding of how the stack functions.
- You are confident that when you see a blank white screen staring you in the face what you should attempt first.
- You’ve dealt with WordPress websites that don’t perform up to par and crash servers under heavy load.
- You know what it means to profile a PHP app
- You're familiar with WordPress the database structure and could update a post and its metadata without the UI.
Position type: Full-Time Remote
Competitive salary plus all the equipment you need, extended health/dental, annual bonus, transportation allowance, cell phone and home internet allowance, maternity/paternity leave and other benefits.
If you think you might be a fit, please reply to this ad with your resume and/or a link to your GIT repository along with a brief message about yourself and your goals.
To apply: Please send a resume, cover letter and link to your Git Repo to firstname.lastname@example.org