Are you excited about making the Internet better to enrich users’ lives? Do you want to build software for a massive audience? We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help make this happen. Our Application Services team builds and maintains scalable services for Firefox and other Mozilla products that run in popular cloud infrastructure such as AWS.
We’re looking for a leader that is passionate about building awesome teams, finding innovative solutions to challenging problems, and shipping quality software. All of our services are open source, and this role requires collaborating with both the open source community and other teams at Mozilla.
As an Engineering Manager you will:
- Lead a distributed team of 6-10 software engineers building our identity, data synchronization, push, and broadcast services in AWS.
- Report to an engineering director in the Firefox Applications Engineering group.
- Create an inclusive environment which engages and challenges your team members, and exposes them to new opportunities.
- Set and communicate your team’s goals, and establish plans and schedules to attain them.
- Ensure that the software your team delivers is on time, high quality, measurable, and maintainable.
- Anticipate the right mix of capabilities required for your team to be successful, and recruit and hire new people as needed.
- Be rewarded with growth and leadership opportunities for strong performance.
- 6 years of overall industry experience, with at least 2 years of hands-on technical leadership and/or people management experience.
- Ability to successfully lead and ship complex software projects on time in a loosely structured environment.
- Can hire, coach, motivate, develop, and delegate to geographically distributed team members with different skill sets from your own.
- Can resolve problems, manage risk, lead change, and facilitate collaborative decision-making in a multi-functional team.
- Clear and succinct communication, and the ability to develop positive relationships with subordinates, peers, upper management, and partners.
- Can enable creative thinking and new contributions in your team.
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains. You should ideally have experience with some of the areas listed below, and be passionate about learning new things. We’re excited to see:
- Experience with product, performance, and stability analytics.
- Experience with building and running services in popular cloud infrastructure platforms, e.g., AWS, Azure, or GCP.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The post Engineering Manager appeared first on Jobspresso.