Headquarters: Walnut Creek, CA URL:
We are in need of another developer to join our solid team and we’re taking our time to ensure that the candidate is the right fit.
As a distributed team, each team member is expected to be effective working remotely, either in a distraction-free home office or coworking space. The ideal candidate is also an experienced Drupal engineer who’s savvy in front-end and back-end aspects of Drupal (including theming, jQuery, & compiled css), has played around with Node.js and/or Angular.js - and has been looking for an opportunity to work with it more. Experience with both Drupal and Meteor.js are major pluses.
Ricochet Team members are tasked with regularly exploring & playing with new technologies so that we can always stay on the cutting edge of technology.
We offer competitive pay and a competitive bonus program based on your billable time.
Qualities of the Ideal Candidate
- 3-5 years of experience with advanced Drupal development.
- Computer Science degree or comparable solid knowledge and real world programming experience is a plus.
- Humble, honest, hungry and smart.
- Organized, systematic, and logical.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and grow from constructive feedback.
- Has contributed to at least one Open Source project.
Challenges of the Job
- You will be asked to learn constantly. Although support will be provided by our team, you need to research solutions and read documentation to find solutions on your own.
- You must have the ability to multi-task and switch gears to work on multiple projects in any given day.
- You must use our software to track your time and log your progress throughout the day.
- You must be a fast, efficient and high-quality worker.
- You must complete projects on budget (which you help set) and are expected to be billable at least 35 hours per week (in line with an industry standard 90%), extra billable hours or an advancement/increase of your billable rate will result in hourly bonuses paid quarterly.
Benefits of the Job
- Work from home or the coworking space of your choice
- Gain experience in a wide range of technologies and programming processes to acquire the competencies needed to be a rock-solid software developer.
- Grow professionally and (most likely) personally in this role.
- Regular 40 hour work week (overtime may be required from time to time but it is rare) and respectful, fun and relaxed work environment. We want you to have a good work/life balance and we also want to support you in any side projects you may be involved in.
- Opportunities to be involved in entrepreneurial offshoots from products we develop internally.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Bonuses for extra billable hours allow you to easily make more than your salary, whenever you want.
- Great opportunities for rapid advancement and sharing in our success.
- For full-time employees: Healthcare, Major Holidays and Paid Vacation.
To apply: Apply at