Headquarters: NYC URL: https://stratosphere.digital
About Stratosphere Digital
We’re a small, remote, full-stack digital agency that designs and develops websites, web apps, mobile apps, and other custom software for clients around the world. We understand the value of enjoying life outside of work, and think of our business as a means to create fulfilling, balanced lives. Learn more about us at https://stratosphere.digital.
What We’re Offering
- $70,000–$90,000 starting annual salary DOE
- Medical and dental insurance
- 35-hour workweek
- 4 weeks/year paid time off
- Remote (U.S. time zones required). Work hours would be very flexible, but you’d be expected to be available during normal business hours if something comes up. It would be great if you’re located in NYC so that you can work in person with our lead developer 1–2 days/week to start and 1–2 days/month after that.
- Additional perks:
- Paid gym membership up to $100/month
- $100/month food delivery budget
- $1,000/year tech gear budget
We’re looking for a developer to write code on a variety of custom software projects. You’d work solo as well as in tandem with our lead developer, and would also work with our lead designer to implement his designs. You’d need to be comfortable interacting with clients directly from time to time.
Some of the tools we frequently use are Slack, Trello, Harvest, Google Docs, and UberConference. We also use a custom tool we developed in-house to manage project information.
Qualifications & Requirements
- At least 5 years of software development experience
- Proven experience leading the development of complex software applications
- Ability to interact with clients and communicate with non-technical stakeholders
- Basic comfort with all technologies listed below (does not necessarily imply extensive experience)
- Good productivity with bolded technologies below (though a willingness to learn and improve is what’s most important)
- C# (.NET, WPF)
- PHP (Laravel)
- Python (Django)
- Ruby (Rails)
- AJAX, WebSockets
- Mobile apps (Java, Objective-C, Swift, React Native, Cordova)
To apply: To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with DEVJOB: [Your Name] in the subject line.