Founded in 2012, Student Loan Hero, Inc. is helping 200,000+ borrowers manage and eliminate over $3.5 billion dollars in student loan debt. We’re on a mission to help 44 million Americans manage their student loans smarter.
Student Loan Hero combines financial education with easy-to-use tools, unbiased personalized advice and repayment plans to help student loan borrowers become financially healthy
The director of editorial innovation will help identify and lead innovation projects within Student Loan Hero’s content team. With an eye toward growing our core audience and building deeper engagement with our visitors, the director of editorial innovation will quarterback editorial projects across a variety of distribution channels and formats, such as video, podcast, e-book, and social media. The ideal candidate will “think big” and bring cool new ideas to the table but also be laser-focused on detail and execution, able to take the big idea and build a business case and project plan to make it happen. In order to succeed in this role, you’ll need to be a self-starter with strong editorial instincts and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ideates multiple project ideas each month
- Vets project ideas to determine which ones have the best opportunity to help SLH meet its audience and revenue goals
- Works cross-functionally to gather input from team members and get buy-in and execution help when needed
- Develops test plans to quickly and efficiently get learnings
- Develops go-to-market plans for approved projects, including timelines, resource plans, budget, revenue, and traffic estimates, and KPIs to measure progress
- Executes go-to-market plans, including hiring and managing freelance talent as needed
- Develops internal guidelines and training programs as needed to roll out new initiatives
- Measures and monitors impacts of projects and reports results to team
- Completes other duties as assigned
What’s it like to work on the Student Loan Hero team?
Student Loan Hero is a fully remote team. We have team members all over the world, in cities including NYC, Austin, Los Angeles, Santiago, and St. Petersburg, Russia.
Since we’re located all over the world, communication using Slack, Gmail, Jira, Zoom, and other tools is key for us. Don’t worry—you won’t be alone. We communicate regularly throughout the day.
As a growing company, most team members get to wear multiple hats, giving you tremendous learning and development opportunities. We believe in giving our team members autonomy to work on projects that interest them. Also, we place value on the output of each team member, and not simply the amount of facetime or hours you spend working.
A large part of our culture and values is transparency – we believe that team members should collaborate and communicate, not compete or engage in office politics.
At the same time, we like to make work as much fun as possible and “embrace the weird” about ourselves. We encourage our team to grow both personally and professionally, which is why we offer wellness and educational stipends, as well as several other great perks.
Above all, we’re proud to work on meaningful projects that impact the financial health of millions of people.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship (required)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience, including hands-on experience in the areas of project management, marketing, and editorial
- Experience creating and distributing content across a variety of platforms (e.g., video podcast, e-book, influencer, native)
- Advanced knowledge in the online media and affiliate space
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Strong analytics skills (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
- Strong research abilities
- Experience managing freelance contributors
- Experience building and maintaining budgets
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience working remotely (preferred)
- Availability to travel up to one week per quarter for work-related activities and events (required)
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and location.
- Equity: We’ll give you vested shares in the company.
- Vacation: Unlimited.
- Flexible hours: Work when you’re most productive.
- Work remotely: Work from wherever you want in the world. (Costa Rica, anyone?)
- New equipment: We’ll hook you up with a brand new MacBook Pro, and a $1,000 technology stipend to purchase a desk or whatever helps you work.
- Remote workspace: We’ll pay up to $500/month for a remote office space (e.g., co-working space).
- Wellness: We cover 100% of premiums for employees and dependents on a silver-level health insurance plan, plus you get up to $150/month for gym, fitness classes, nutrition counseling, weight loss programs, nutritious food delivery service, acupuncture, massages, workout equipment, or race registrations.
- Continuing education: Up to $100/month for courses, books, or anything you’d like to learn!
- Financial contribution: Receive a 100% match of up to 3% of annual salary to a retirement account, as well as a 100% match of up to $2,000 toward student loan repayment assistance.
The post Director, Editorial Innovation appeared first on Jobspresso.