World Hope International offers diverse opportunities for qualified and committed Christian professionals. World Hope International employs a variety of disciplines, including but not limited to community development, finance, grant writing, information systems, fundraising development, human resources and marketing.
The primary role of a Junior Web Developer at World Hope is to manage and update the websites of World Hope International, World Hope Canada, World Hope Australia, and World Hope UK. If you can identify additional opportunities to increase the value of what our web team does for our existing websites, then you’ll be a game-changer in this role.
- Triage and manage incoming support requests from internal stakeholders.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best web development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Create and maintain process documentation
- Collaborate with designers to ensure proper design implementation
- Website content implementation and QA
- Data integration from back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Willingness to learn CRM systems
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities
- HTML/CSS (Sass & Less)
- Experience with CRM systems
- HTML/CSS frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Responsive mobile development
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- A solid understanding of the web development process, including local development environments and setup (e.g. LAMP stacks using MAMP, Docker, Vagrant, etc.), site and server security, server management, etc.
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics and network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and diagnostic and analytic tools including Google Analytics
- A good question-asker, eager to learn from your team
- Strong organizational and multitasking ability
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment and learn rapidly
- Strong written / verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external project stakeholders
- College Students graduating in December 12017 or May 2018
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology (or Similar)
- Experience programming in one or more languages
- 1+ year of development experience desired
- Other technology experience or training desired: SQL Server, Object Oriented application development
- Strong written and verbal communication along with the ability to effectively collaborate is required
- Other technical experience/exposure that is a plus: HTML, XHTML, XML, XSLT, CSS, SQL DB, Java MDB, Web Services, Servlets, JBOSS, WebLogic, UNIX