One of the key distinguishing features of LitCharts is our emphasis on clean minimalist design and a seamless front-end UX. We’re looking for a design-savvy front-end developer to lead the technical aspects of this crucial part of our work.
Overall Responsibilities of this Position
- Building and maintaining our front-end stack.
- Refining and improving our UI/UX on desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Working closely with the founders and CTO to create new features and implement designs.
Experience and Expertise We’re Looking For Requirements
- Proficiency with Ruby on Rails, including implementing designs in Rails.
- Experience with git, UI/UX concepts, and front-end frameworks (especially Bootstrap).
- Ability to work remotely and take ownership of projects with minimal oversight.
- A desire to continuously improve our stack and develop your own skillset.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to ask questions and receive feedback.
- Design experience (familiarity with making wireframes, Sketch, Photoshop etc).
- Heroku experience (familiarity with building and deploying apps on Heroku).
- Experience working on websites with a subscription-based business model (designing and building sign up flows, check out forms, and so on).
- Passion for education or education technology.
Please note that all applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and pass a background check prior to hiring. Thanks!
Founded by the creators of SparkNotes and No Fear Shakespeare, LitCharts are the world’s best literature study guides, with innovative features like color-coded theme tracking, data visualizations, beautifully designed chart-based downloadable PDF versions, and much more. Millions of students, teachers, and general interest readers use the LitCharts website and mobile apps every month.