Headquarters: San Francisco, CA URL:
about.me is looking for a Product Marketing Manager, located in the US, to grow the about.me paid subscriber base through a combination of customer validation, new content creation, and enhanced marketing strategies. You’ll be our sole marketing lead and will work side-by-side with the CEO and our product team to help us shift toward a more content-rich marketing strategy aimed at the independent professionals who make up our paid customer base. You’ll have a clear understanding of our customers, market category, the value we provide, and why existing customers love about.me in order to help drive adoption and usage of our product. If you are creative and believe in the power of storytelling inside and outside the product to create a powerful customer experience — this position is for you!
What you will do
- Own all marketing and go-to-market strategies for our freemium product and revise existing marketing, as needed, in order to deliver compelling narratives to our users whether it’s in product, email campaigns, outbound marketing initiatives or new partnerships.
- Grow the adoption and usage of our paid offering with clear value propositions, product positioning, and messaging for both individual features and the product as a whole.
- Collaborate with design and product team members to refine both our customer personas and customer journey by participating in our ongoing customer research and validation process.
- Treat marketing emails as an extension of the product; create, launch and optimize free and paid drip email campaigns, and measure the impact on free-to-paid conversion as well as paid user retention.
- Help create a cohesive content strategy to establish about.me as a trusted resource for the independent workforce across multiple platforms, including the about.me blog and social.
- Identify the best places to find entrepreneurs, consultants, and freelancers, and create an outbound marketing plan for targeting new users through paid acquisition channels.
- Understand market trends and our competitive landscape in order to develop marketing strategies and messaging to increase our market presence and market share.
**What you bring **
- BA degree, MBA or equivalent experience preferred
- 3+ years of product marketing experience in a consumer SAAS business, preferably at a fast-paced technology company or start-up
- Experience working in agile product development environments; agile marketing expertise preferred
- Proven ability to develop value proposition messaging, product positioning, and customer success stories, using a variety of media and marketing channels
- Prior experience writing simple, yet compelling content that resonates with our audience across different channels
- Solid understanding of how to use findings from qualitative user research methodologies such as customer interviews and user testing, and quantitative data from key metrics, analytics, and multivariate tests
- Experience with Vero or other email marketing platforms
- Prior experience working on a remote, distributed team; comfort with video conferencing and other tools that foster communication and collaboration
Contact us with your resume and include a link to your about.me page.
To apply: email@example.com