Headquarters: San Antonio URL:
Do you enjoy building websites for people who do cool things with WordPress?
We’re looking for talented web developers and designers who are interested in working with a small Concierge team to build custom WordPress sites for a wide range of influential partners. These partners include, but aren’t limited to: social causes, musicians, bloggers, and podcasts. The Concierge team does everything from building WordPress sites from scratch to complex migrations to providing support and guidance. As a Concierge WordPress Engineer, your primary duties will include:
- Building custom WordPress sites for our partners hosted on Pressable, WordPress.com or self-hosting.
- Conducting code reviews for existing WordPress sites.
- Migrating partner sites to the best hosting platform that suits their needs.
- Troubleshooting and performing maintenance on previously-launched partner sites, and adding new features as needed.
- Teaming-up with agencies and contractors to assist with development on some projects.
- Joining in on phone calls with our partners.
We require a Concierge WordPress Engineer to have the following skills:
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS/Sass, and WordPress.
- Ability to write a WordPress theme from scratch, in PHP.
- Familiarity with and adherence to the WordPress Theme Development Standards. Experience with the Underscores or Components starter themes a strong plus.
- Familiarity with different hosting platforms.
- Good customer service skills -- you’ll be communicating directly with our partners.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills using popular tools (Slack, Google Drive, Zoom, etc.)
- A strong desire to work on websites for clients.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Self-starter who can manage time and projects efficiently.
- Understanding of Open Source and the various licenses around it.
A major plus if you have any of the following skills:
- Design: illustration, creating visual mock-ups, typography, wireframing the flows and UX of a complex site.
- Familiarity with servers and systems operations.
- Experience with site migrations.
- Writing and documentation skills; the ability to teach people.
- Experience with WordPress.com, WooCommerce, WordPress.com VIP, and Jetpack.
- Familiarity with GitHub and/or SVN, WP-CLI, and local development environments.
The job is remote, meaning you can work from anywhere you want as long as you have an internet connection! We ask everyone who applies to be authorized to work within the United States.
We may invite an applicant to complete a limited-time “trial” project as part of the hiring process. A trial is an opportunity for our team to get hands-on experience working with an applicant and evaluating their work. We pay applicants a standard rate of $15/hour while they work as a contractor to complete their trial project.
When you apply, we ask that you provide a portfolio of the sites you have worked on. You can include URL of sites you’ve worked on if you don’t have your own portfolio.
Let us know you're interested!