Headquarters: Sydney URL:
Car Next Door is the fastest-growing car sharing network in Australia. We’re on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport and to free the planet from the ‘one person, one car’ mentality. Since 2012, we have successfully grown to having around 1,300 cars on our platform and have had over 100,000 bookings.
About the role
We are looking to attract an experienced and self-motivated front-end engineer to join the Car Next Door’s Growth Team to help drive the expansion of the business throughout Australia and beyond. The role would suit someone who wants to play a key part in the development team while helping to formulate and execute on a range of new business initiatives. You will help drive the technology direction of the company, supported by our well-rounded team as we embark on a fast-paced programme of development to help the business expand.
In this role, you will:
- Combine your technical skills with a broader interest in digital marketing and the business as a whole to help formulate, execute, and evaluate a steady stream of improvements to the core car-sharing platform and associated services
- As the key developer in the Growth Team, you’ll be building on our established A/B testing and analytics frameworks to implement changes to the public-facing parts of the web (Rails 5.1, StimulusJS, Tailwinds CSS) and mobile (Angular 5, Ionic 3) platforms
- Ensure the development team continues to thrive by writing high-quality, performant code, and reviewing the code of other front-end engineers
What you’ll need to be successful:
- A familiarity with UI principles and patterns
- An agile mindset and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Pride in your work and a desire to contribute to a small team of dedicated and talented people
- An understanding of what we’re doing (and why) and a passion to get involved and see CND succeed
It would be a bonus if you had:
- A Computer science, design or equivalent degree
- Experience with user testing and A/B testing
- Experience with platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Mixpanel
More about the role:
This is a full-time Australia-based remote position. Our head-office is in Sydney, with the development team currently spread across Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, and Brisbane. The offer will include a salary and potential equity for the right person.
Why work for Car Next Door?
For a developer, Car Next Door is an amazing opportunity. Here are a few reasons why:
- You're working with a small but highly talented development team
- We take pride in our code. We set aside a day a week to address tech debt and improve the platform, so that our systems are a pleasure to work with
- We are set up for remote work - even our Sydney-based members work a couple of days a week from home. Our CTO is based in Adelaide, and most of our discussions, including daily standups, are on Zoom or Slack
- Our rapid growth over the coming months and years will generate new opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities
**Sound amazing? **
To apply, email email@example.com with your CV and a Cover Letter detailing:
- Interesting information about you! - include how you heard about Car Next Door and the position, your visa situation, and how you address the skills and requirements for the role
- The most difficult API/library/software bug you've squashed
- The most technically impressive thing you've ever built
- An example of a development you’ve worked on that’s helped a business acquire more customers or make more revenue
- Links to your portfolio/Github profile or code samples to help us get a feel for how you write code
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org