ManageFlitter - http://manageflitter.com – is a multi-award winning SaaS social media management product. ManageFlitter is used by nearly 4 million people around the world and with paid customers from over 100 countries.
We have huge plans for the next couple of years and some exciting new projects are close to fruition - including our new product ManageSocial - http://managesocial.com .
ManageFlitter is headquartered in Sydney with a technical team across Europe, South America and Canada.
We are looking for someone with outstanding technical experience and a preference for working with a small smart team to join us at ManageFlitter.
Whilst this role is remote you will need at least 3-4 hours crossover per day with the Sydney Australia timezone (AEDT).
The successful candidate will have a strong bias for action and an ability to clearly describe a complex technical solution to non-technical colleagues.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- At least 5+ years commercial experience with PHP, MySQL, Linux and Open SourceTechnologies
- Experience maintaining, debugging, refactoring and improving legacy, monolithic PHP applications
- Strong background in OO development in PHP with a proficient understanding of fundamental principles such as TDD, DDD, SOLID, DRY and KISS
- Working knowledge of OO design patterns and architecture patterns (e.g. MVC, ETL, )
- Experience building, configuring and maintaining a LAMP stack
- DevOps experience architecting solutions that scale
- Experience working with AWS cloud services including EC2, S3, RDS, CloudSearch and DynamoDB
- Experience working with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef and SaltStack
- Proficient with shell scripting and the Unix / Linux CLI
- Practical knowledge of modern frameworks and libraries (Symfony2, Silex, Doctrine, etc)
- Experienced writing unit and integration tests with PHPUnit
- Familiar with Redis, Memcached, PostgreSQL and Beanstalkd
- Strong working knowledge of the Twitter API
- Experience working with large datasets in MySQL (> 5 TB)
- Experience with other scripting or OO languages, e.g. Python, GoLang, jRuby
- Experience working in Agile / Scrum workflows
- Experience working with Rackspace cloud services
- Experience writing technical specifications and documentation
- Has contributed to open source projects (give examples if available)
- Experience using Vagrant / Docker
We have worked hard to curate a smart, hard-working but easy going team. Our goal is to create an environment where each team member can do their best work. We are proud to say that we think we are well on our way to achieving this goal.
Paid annual leave is included in your salary package as well as time off for your local public holidays in your country from where you are working from.
To find out more about our team you can go to: