Headquarters: Remote URL: Convertkit.com/mission
About the Company
ConvertKit is email marketing software for online creators - the authors, makers, chefs, photographers, YouTubers, teachers, artists and other creators building the future. We have 18,000 paying customers, send 400 million emails per month, and are growing revenue quickly.
Think of ConvertKit as the fuel cell powering the core of every creator’s business. Email remains the #1 tool for building an audience and making a living online. If you believe in the importance of empowering entrepreneurs to build the future, then you believe in the work we do at Convertkit.
We're a remote team of 30+ people in 24+ cities across 7 countries. We hire A-players and treat them like A-players because we believe in the power of great company culture to help us grow.
About the Role
This is an opportunity to lead the marketing team at a self-funded, fast growing startup that’s on a mission to help creators earn a living doing work they love.
As ConvertKit’s Director of Marketing, you'll report to the VP of Growth you’ll be responsible for our end-to-end marketing efforts across all channels. It’s your job to create strategy, build the brand, and grow our customer base. As a part of the leadership team, you’ll be involved in all major decisions driving the future of the company. You’ll also manage a team of six world-class, highly-skilled marketers and coach them to develop as professionals while pursuing our goals as a company.
Measures of success include metrics from the top to the bottom of the marketing funnel:
- New monthly recurring revenue
- Paid accounts
- Trial accounts
- Email subscribers
- Website visitors
- Total reach across all channels
- Conversion rates at each step of the funnel
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build the marketing strategy to help us grow from $12M in annual recurring revenue to $100M in annual recurring revenue
- Manage a growing team of talented individual contributors to execute on the marketing strategy, grow as professionals, and be key contributors to our culture
- Effectively manage a marketing budget of nearly $1,000,000 to produce maximum ROI
- Be the chief brand advocate by maintaining high brand standards across all customer-facing projects
- Serve as a public brand ambassador and thought leader by speaking, writing, and pitching stories to media
- Make data-driven decisions to invest marketing dollars in high ROI campaigns and projects
- Serve as a domain expert across all marketing channels and be ready to jump in on projects as an individual contributor when necessary
- Build key relationships with influencers, customers, and partners to help position ConvertKit as the email marketing industry standard for creators
- Cajole, push, prod, edit, inspire, educate, and whatever else it takes to get the job done
The right person for this position will have:
- Enthusiasm and belief in the ConvertKit mission to help creators earn a living.
- 5+ years experience running marketing campaigns and teams in agencies, startups, or a combination of the two with a proven track record of producing growth, not just buzz.
- Deep expertise in at least one key marketing channel and breadth of expertise across all marketing channels.
- Highly developed project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple large scale projects at the same time.
- Ability to coach individual contributors to do the best work of their lives.
- A willingness to lean into constructive conflict and hard conversations to produce more trust and better results.
- An intolerance for politics and gamesmanship. We have a ton of fun together but we don’t play games at ConvertKit and people who do won’t make it here.
- Strong and demonstrated written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to pitch ideas, tell powerful stories, and sell our vision
- Comfortable working as part of a remote team
- Work from anywhere (no really, anywhere)
- Competitive, equitable salaries based upon real market data
- Bi-annual team-wide profit sharing tied to company performance
- 3 weeks paid vacation (with a 4th week added after one year with the team)
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus (we seriously want you to take your vacation days)
- 7 paid holidays
- 5 sick days
- 12 weeks paid maternity leave and 4 weeks paid paternity leave for new parents
- 401K with up to 4% of salary in matched contributions
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- Bi-annual team retreats
- Generous equipment budget
To apply: Apply at