Lead Back-End Developer Company Information
Duelit is a venture-backed mobile skill gaming platform that allows users to bet with their friends on the games they play. We are a small team, and work 100% remotely!
We are currently looking for an experienced Node.js developer, with Firebase experience, to be our back-end lead. In this role, you will get to be in the front-lines of an early-stage venture-backed startup! You will have the autonomy, as the back-end lead, to make your own decisions, and grow with the company.
- Lead back-end development
- Assist with the design, development, and implementation of the gaming platform
- Understand project requirements, elicit feedback, and refine solutions accordingly
- Work diligently in a virtual team environment, with leaders and teammates located around the world
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimize applications for maximum performance and scalability.
Required Skills and Experience
If you lack some of these skills or experiences, we would require you to show us that you can learn the skill fast, or have a very similar skill or experience
- 3+ years of relevant software development experience.
- 2+ years of Node.js, Firebase, PostgreSQL and Angular.js experience
- Hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Built applications that interact with remote APIs (via REST, RPC, etc.)
- Can write clean code with excellent documentation and unit test scripts
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn new systems and technologies as required
- Motivated to write quality, readable code.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic virtual environment.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision while also being a great team player
- Preferred Skills and Experience
- Worked before in a remote environment
- Proficient in version control systems such as git and BitBucket
- Worked with agile methodology before
- Experienced in continuous integration
- Additional experience with or knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Gaming company experience
- Back-end development experience for a mobile app -Unity experience
- SDK development experience
- Knowing Spanish is an asset (we have many Spanish speaking people in the team)
If working remotely, and being part of the core team of a venture-backed early-stage startup excites you, and you are ready to grow with us, apply!
We are live on Google Play Store, check the app out:
For more information: https://www.duelit.com