We are searching for a Linux Systems Administrator, who will be responsible for supporting the Linux Infrastructure globally at YouGov.
**What will I be doing day to day? **
- Oversee, support, maintain and enhance the Linux infrastructure
- Responsible for helping with the server maintenance of Linux hosts deployed in our environments.
- Work with other members of the team to implement bug fixes, server patches and assist with updates.
- Manage, troubleshoot and monitor all system errors associated with our Linux environment. You will regularly review and fix alerts across the 300+ systems that we have, using the checkmk monitoring system.
- Proactively look for negative performance trends and work to mitigate issues before they arise. Improve alerting and monitoring systems at YouGov to enhance the accuracy, identification and responsiveness of the Ops team to system and application errors.
**What do I need to bring with me? **
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field
- BSC in Computer Science or similar
- Wide understanding of Linux administration
- Good working knowledge or experience of the following services desirable: MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Apache, Nginx, Redis, RabbitMQ, nagios/checkmk, ELK, MySQL, Linux CMS based systems such as Wordpress.
- Ideally you will have a good working knowledge of either, Python, Perl or bash scripting languages.
- Experience in public and private cloud environments (VMWare, AWS, etc)
- Knowledge of Docker or Kubernetes would be a benefit.
- Strong understanding on IT security principles.
- Excellent standard of verbal and written English.