RedElastic is looking for an experienced contract-based Project Manager to help us build, motivate, and coach exceptional Agile delivery teams. We're looking for a leader, coach, and mentor. The ideal candidate will apply an existing body of knowledge to the opportunities and challenges of leading teams of consultants, while leveraging their original ideas to drive incredible business results. The Project Manager will be a champion and voice of our clients users, acting as product evangelist internally and externally. With such a wide range of responsibilities comes the opportunity to create a huge impact in the world of technology.
What you will do day-to-day:
- Provide oversight and leadership on Kanban and Sprint-based agile projects
- Coach our teams on using the appropriate methodology (such as Kanban or Sprints) for the business initiative at hand
- Use tools such as Trello and Asana to coordinate delivery teams
- Perform day-to-day tasks including: backlog grooming, alignment of dependent tasks, helping our teams estimate with accuracy, leading sprint kickoffs, leading retrospectives
- Gain a deep understanding of both business and technical objectives on all projects to be able to make informed prioritization decisions
- Embrace kaizen (continual improvement); help champion this principle internally and with our clients
- Help us draft, implement, and enforce top-shelf development processes
- Ensure that design thinking is applied to all work done by development teams, that quality verification is never overlooked, and documentation is always kept up to date
- Act in a hybrid PM/PO capacity by collecting, reviewing, and actioning user feedback to help us define our clients strategy for building exceptional products
- Align business goals with technical delivery; effectively communicate relevant project information to all stakeholders
RedElastic is a small company without the bureaucracy of traditional consulting firms. We didn't start RedElastic to grow into yet another giant consulting company, we started RedElastic to create a home for the top talent in Canada so we could all build a brand we're proud of. We're very selective about who we hire, and even more selective about the client work we take on. This means you'll have a direct impact on the type of work we do as a team together.
The benefits of working at RedElastic:
- Top-shelf compensation
- Spend 2-5 days per week in our office in downtown Toronto, complete with free coffee, beer taps, and most importantly some great conversations with other talented folks; work from home the rest of the time!
- Fully remote candidates will be considered
- The ability to make a difference without the traditional boundaries of an enterprise role; create unique and compelling solutions without a hint of micromanagement
- Take your career to the next level by participating in conferences, contributing to our blog, or even working on a book with us (well help you achieve your career goals in any way we can)