Headquarters: San Antonio, TX URL:
Pressable, a leading provider of WordPress hosting, is looking for a driven individual to manage the systems and security of its growing WordPress hosting platform.
We are looking for these specific qualities:
- Experience in systems administration and a deep understanding of how the basic web-related services (load balancers, high availability solutions, web servers, databases, caching daemons, etc.) work.
- Great programming skills and good knowledge of both scripting and compiled languages (especially PHP, C, and Bash). Kernel space programming experience is a plus.
- Experience in Ansible configuration management.
- Ability to handle all phases of a project on your own, from idea to implementation.
- Well versed in the best security and performance practices both with web and systems applications.
- Great troubleshooting skills. Must be able to take big problems and break them down into manageable pieces with elegant solutions.
- Previous experience managing teams and project managing systems deployments.
- Teamwork: sharing your expertise with our team and collaborating with stakeholders.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Daily upkeep/maintenance and monitoring of existing systems
- Architecting new solutions for faster growth and deployment
- Working with Engineering to build test beds for new architecture and deployment
- Responding to monitoring alerts and troubleshooting problems
Our benefits our great. You can expect:
- Flexibility. Our team is remote, meaning you can work from anywhere you want as long as you have an internet connection.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for less than $10. We pay 99% of premiums for you and your family.
- 401(k) matching. We match your 401(k) contributions up to 6% of your salary.
- A generous time off policy. We want our team members to enjoy a phenomenal work–life balance.
- An annual company retreat.