Please note that we will consider remote applicants for this position, but you’ll get bonus points from us if you live in the Indianapolis area.
Here’s a snapshot (but not all) of your technical responsibilities:
We assume that a person with your experience has handled a website launch or two in your life, but just to clarify, here are some things we keep in mind when reviewing your application:
- Front-end patterns, such as BEM, Atomic Design and object-oriented CSS
- Frameworks, such as React, Vue.js and Angular
- Templating tools, such as Twig and Handlebars
- Module bundlers, such as Webpack, Browserify and rollup.js
- LAMP-based CMS platforms, such as Craft, ExpressionEngine and Wordpress
- Git and GitHub
- Writing and debugging PHP
- Get with the program. While our solid team of UI/UX designers design things that people will gush over, the more you have a basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and/or Sketch, the better. From time to time, we might ask you to provide technical insight to our web team.
- Nerd out with data and process. Know how to scale websites as they increase in traffic and complexity, and understand the importance of progressive enhancement and graceful degradation.
- Be a catalyst. Be vigilant about web standards, performance, accessibility and usability by researching and providing recommendations on services/technologies for various projects. We’ll also want you to be cognizant of site performance and speed, including best practices for reducing HTTP requests, browser repaints and mobile overhead.
- Juggling master. You should be able to handle multiple projects and deadlines while also being focused enough to remain committed to those that span multiple months.
- Stunning interactions. You should be able to show how you think in development as it relates to UI/UX. Show us what you’ve been working on!
- Troubleshooting skills. Yeah, we want you to be able to figure it out, whatever “it” is.
- Taste matters. Our clients come to us because we care about making them look amazing in their customers' eyes. Show us that you know what people like.
- Start to finish. You can go from brainstorming with the team to delivering thoughtful mock-ups for all digital platforms. You can see a project through to completion, no matter what obstacles stand in your way. Stick to budget. Not only are you wise with our clients’ money, you also know how to accurately quote your work.
- Don’t procrastinate. Initiate. You know how to suggest and spearhead development. Here, your ideas matter. We expect you to put them into action when you see an unfulfilled need.
- Play on a team. Participate in internal meetings on behalf of client accounts—and be willing to jump into the fray when help is needed. We expect you to follow our standards while working in the pipeline with other team members, including the UI/UX team.
If you have a great personality, enjoy cracking difficult problems and are an all-around team superstar, you’ll go far with our agency. If you're wondering what makes TrendyMinds a great place to work, check out some of the perks here. Join us!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- At least three years of professional, post-collegiate experience
- A B.S., B.F.A. or equivalent work experience
- Must be a U.S. resident. Bonus points if you live in Indianapolis.
Job Perks: New equipment, Ongoing Education, Snacks, Happy Hour, Health Insurance, 401k, Training, Swag, Bike Racks and Showers, Philanthropy, Paid Time Off, Parties, Lunch and Learns, Coffee/Tea/Soda, Flexible Schedules, Rooftop with a Grill and Outdoor Kitchen, Modern Environment
Apply: If this sounds like a fit for you, please send us your resume, link to your web portfolio and explain how you can contribute to our team. A phone call will not increase (and may decrease) your chances, so please give us some time to look over your materials. If we think you might be a good fit, we’ll reach out to you.