Are you a software engineer looking for a challenge? Do you want to work directly with other engineers and developers as customers? Do you want to scale a high-growth startup?
Aptible is hiring a support engineer to help us build a safer Internet for sensitive data.
It's true: Software is eating the world, powered by the Internet. A growing wave of developers all over the world are using web-scale technology to build and deploy health care, fintech, banking, payments, IoT, blockchain, machine learning, and other B2B applications.
Security and compliance are mandatory from day one for these teams of developers, but many of them struggle. When their teams are small, they can’t afford to hire full-time for security or compliance. When they scale, they find that existing security and compliance management tools suck.
At Aptible, we make people-centered security products that help developer teams build security into their architecture and their organization’s culture:
Enclave is a container orchestration platform built for developers that automates security best practices and controls needed for deploying and scaling Dockerized apps in regulated industries.
Gridiron is like the missing QuickBooks for security management. It helps developers design and run security management programs that meet and exceed requirements like HIPAA, SOC 2, and ISO 27001. Customers use it to build trust with their own customers and partners, and prepare for certifications.
In this role you will:
- Work directly with Enclave customers to diagnose and resolve their technical issues
- Work with Aptible product engineers and site reliability engineers to improve the Enclave and Gridiron products
- Learn a ton about Linux, AWS, Docker, and many modern web frameworks
You might be a good fit for this role if:
- You have experience working with Linux and AWS
- You’ve diagnosed and fixed bugs in several different software applications (and enjoy doing so!)
- You are excited to work with Docker
- You enjoy learning about modern web frameworks
- You have strong writing skills and are comfortable with the responsibility of communicating directly with customers
You might be a good fit for Aptible if:
- You think having a safe, private Internet is important
- You prefer to work with a small group of high performers, relative to the scope of our customer/revenue base
- You are a deliberate communicator, and value good communication
- You’re self-directed and comfortable with autonomy and responsibility
- You’re ready to work remotely, communicating asynchronously across time zones and cultures
- You love learning, and want to grow professionally
Why you should work at Aptible:
- Making the Internet safe to trust with sensitive data is a good thing!
- It’s also pretty fun!
- You will learn a lot about security, compliance, DevOps, and SaaS. We work very closely, collaborating across the company and teaching each other.
- You will get to work with customers doing really cool things
- You will feel invested in your work: We are highly internally transparent with business strategy, successes and failures, and management decisions. You will have a direct impact on success, and whether we achieve our goals.
- You will help us build a business for the long term, investing in a sustainable business model and building trust with our customers through transparency and visibility
- We are backed by excellent investors and have the resources we need to do a great job
- Everyone gets to live in the place that suits them best. We work remotely, and meet up at least twice a year in places like Mexico, San Diego, Brooklyn, Barcelona, Denver, and Ann Arbor/Detroit. Next up: Paris? Iceland?
- A+ benefits
- Mandatory vacation
Please be sure to include a cover letter that explains why you will be a good fit for this role.