Headquarters: All the places URL: www.groovehq.com
There are companies that do content to “check the box.”
You know what we mean: write a bunch of average blog posts, publish them, announce it to their 49 Twitter followers and call it a day.
And there are companies that do content because it pays the bills.
Of course, companies that do content *well *know that it takes a ton of work, strategic thinking, and only ever settling for publishing the best damn content of its kind on the planet.
Are you the kind of content writer who wants to phone it in at the first type of company? Or the kind that wants to kick ass at the second type?
The latter? We’d like to talk to you.
Groove is a customer service software company that has built our entire business on content. That’s not an exaggeration: nearly all of our new customers come in through our blogs.
And we’re looking for a legendary (or soon-to-be-legendary) content creator to help us take our writing game to the next level.
What’s in it for you?
- Work with smart, talented people who deeply believe in you and the work you do
- Build your skills as a “full-stack” content creator and marketer, becoming a better writer, editor, and strategist
- Build your own brand as a content creator, writing for a platform of 250,000+ engaged monthly readers
- Work from anywhere in the world with an internet connection
- Competitive salary, obviously
What you’ll work on:
You’ll work directly with Elen in the marketing team, to:
- Produce best-in-class content that helps our audience succeed at customer support, growing their company and more, including:
- Long-form, actionable, deeply-researched, fluff-free, SEO-friendly blog posts
- Lead magnets (eBooks, PDF guides, email courses)
- Educational content (online courses)
- Infographics and Slideshares (you’ll write the copy)
- Customer case studies
- Pitch in your expertise to help us meet various quarterly goals, like “increase blog traffic by X%” or “reduce bounce rate on page Y
- Contribute to our company-wide editorial calendar
- Come up with strategies and ideas to keep pushing our content machine forward, and then own the execution
- Significant experience crushing it as a writer, with a deep understanding of the whole content creation and marketing process
- Self-starting and communicative; we’re a remote team, and you’ll be responsible for doing amazing work when nobody is watching
- Experience working remotely
- Organized; our content strategy has a lot of moving pieces, and you’ll help us add more
- Must be able to join ASAP if the fit is right
If you haven’t already seen our blogs, check them out here:
Before applying, take some time to learn more about our company, and especially our core values. They’re very, very important to us.
If this sounds like a role you’re excited to take on, email elen at groovehq with:
- “Content Creator” in the subject line
- Links to your past work
- 2 ideas for blog posts you’d like to write for our blog(s) based on what you’ve seen of it
- Your favorite GIF and/or Urban Dictionary word
To apply: Send a resume to elen at groovehq dot com