Headquarters: Philadelphia, PA URL: https://maintainn.com
Maintainn, the support and maintenance division of WebDevStudios, is seeking a candidate to fill a Support Technician/Backend Developer position. The ideal candidate is someone who has *at least two years of development, support and customer service experience *and is versatile, calm under pressure, genial and passionate about troubleshooting and resolving issues with clients’ websites.
Your job duties will include:
- Supporting clients, from bloggers to SMBs to large corporations, in a fast-paced environment.
- Using project tracking, issue/bug tracking software and multiple development platforms.
- Setting up support accounts/components for new clients and removal for parting clients.
- Regular maintenance of client website updates from third-party plugins/themes and WordPress core.
- Working with clients to review/clarify requirements for custom development requests.
- Responding to clients who report issues with their website and debugging/ resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Helping clients manage/update content or help determine where changes need to be made.
- Providing knowledgeable recommendations for solutions to handle client feature requests.
- A variety of miscellaneous development tasks involved in the web development life cycle from start to finish.
- Available during the day, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.
- Excellent knowledge of WordPress.
- Two years of customer service experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and complete tasks in a timely manner with an emphasis on first-time quality.
- Experience in debugging, problem-solving and fixing websites.
- Experience with plugin support and customer support forums.
- Experience using SVN & Git software.
- Good understanding of accessibility considerations and web standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be a team player and evolve as the business grows.
Nice-to-haves (not required, but would be considered a plus):
- WooCommerce experience.
- Web and information security experience.
- Back End and Front End development skills.
- Familiarity with platforms like Help Scout, Basecamp, Harvest, etc.
- This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Pay rate is based on experience and abilities.
- Remote work: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Office dress code: Pajamas, if you like.
- Full-time employees enjoy benefits such as Medical/Dental/Vision, Paid Time Off, 401K.
- Lots and lots of informal GIF sharing.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is excellent at time management and has the ability to work remotely, on a deadline, and on multiple projects at once.
- Is self-motivated to get the job done.
- Likes to interact with and help people.
- Is patient enough to deal with frustrated folks that have a wide range of technical experience (or lack thereof).
- Has great critical thinking skills, a good work ethic, and customer service skills.
- Treats support work like a friendly puzzle to be solved.
- Likes to have a lot of fun tinkering around inside the guts of cool websites.
- Gets more kicks out of removing elements from a page than adding them.
- Wants to learn, push themselves, and make the web a better place to be.
To apply: Fill out the online job application: