Headquarters: Port Macquarie, Australia URL:
Credit Card Compare (www.creditcardcompare.com.au) are looking for a software engineer to join an established team of developers.
You will be working alongside highly skilled developers on a number of exciting projects that are both private and public-facing.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a geographically distributed team at an established and fast-growing digital company operating in the financial services industry.
- You have 3 - 5 years experience as a software engineer.
Application architecture knowledge:
- Building microservices using Django, Tornado, or similar Python framework (essential).
- Building user interfaces with React (essential).
- Manipulating large MySQL and / or PostgreSQL datasets.
- Using Mercurial for version control and deploying code using Fabric.
- Familiar with AWS services (EC2, S3, CloudFront, RDS).
What you'll be doing:
- Analyse data (Excel, CSV, MySQL, PostgreSQL), find and fix the root cause of inconsistencies, and unravel data patterns that could help designing apps and features.
- Develop new microservices, features, use cases, and tests using Python, Django, PostgreSQL, and MySQL.
- Fix bugs and / or add new frontend features using React and other frontend related technologies.
- Monitor cron jobs —and develop tools to do so—to ensure data is regularly updated on schedule.
- Raise and fix bugs.
- Not easily intimidated by a challenge.
- Reliable and diligent.
- Willing to learn new technologies.
- Relentlessly high standards.
- Excellent time management.
- Open to change and challenges.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com