Headquarters: 100% Remote URL: https://close.io
At Close.io we’re building the sales communication platform of the future. We’ve built a next-generation CRM that eliminates manual data entry and helps sales teams close more deals. We are hiring engineers to help us unify the world's sales calls and emails into one beautiful workflow. We are a ~30 person fully remote team that is profitable and building a product our customers love.
Our backend tech stack currently consists of Python Flask/Gunicorn web apps with our TaskTiger scheduler handling many of the backend asynchronous processing tasks. Our data stores include MongoDB, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Redis. Our infrastructure runs on AWS using a combination of managed services like RDS and ElastiCache as well as EC2 instances managed by Puppet. These EC2 instances run everything from our databases to our Kubernetes clusters.
We're looking for a full-time DevOps Engineer to join our core team who has significant experience building, managing, and monitoring infrastructure and backend services at scale.
Come help us with projects like...
- Building out our Kubernetes infrastructure to include additional services, increased redundancy/scalability, and harnessing new k8s features
- Scale our Elasticsearch and MongoDB clusters to support our data growth
- Tune our MySQL and PostgreSQL databases
- Improve our public Close.io API performance and resiliency
- Tighten security across our infrastructureImplement autoscaling techniques that balance performance, workload demands and costsImprove our CI/CD process making builds/deployments faster and safer
- Further develop our Prometheus/Grafana monitoring infrastructure
- Enhance our Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana (ELK) logging stack
- Help us design and build microservices
- Have real world experience building scalable systems, working with large data sets, and troubleshooting various back-end challenges under pressure
- Have significant experience with *nix, Python, bash, and Puppet or similar backend systems and frameworks
- Experience working with large databases running on MySQL, PostgreSQL, and/or Mongo
- Have experience configuring monitoring, logging, and other tools to provide visibility and actionable alerts
- Enjoy automating processes using Python, bash, Puppet, or other scripting languagesHave experience with Docker containers and microservices
- Understand the full web stack, networking, and low level Unix computing
- Always be thinking of ways to improve reliability, performance, and scalability of the infrastructureBe self-motivated and comfortable with responsibility
Why work with us?
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world! Just be willing to do a bit of traveling twice a year for some face-to-face time with the whole team.
- For personal growth: help build a truly successful SaaS company with a stellar team where you can have a huge impact.
- Above market salary, healthcare, dental, and retirement benefits package.
- Fun company culture that embraces a healthy work/life balance.