Headquarters: Boise, ID URL: https://convertkit.com
ConvertKit is looking for a lead infrastructure engineer to own our infrastructure and lay the foundation for an architecture that will allow us to easily scale with our rapid growth. We're on a mission to help bloggers earn a living from their craft. This role will be challenging yet rewarding. You should have plenty of experience scaling web-based apps. Come join our amazing, rapidly growing company!
Our infrastructure is very busy, processing millions of sidekiq jobs a day, serving landing pages and forms for tens of thousands of bloggers, and delivering over 300 million emails per month.
Why ConvertKit is interesting:
- We're self-funded, bootstrapped, and quite profitable. We make our numbers public. We're growing like crazy, which is the main reason we need this role!
- Everyone in our company is 100% remote. We do not have a headquarters.
- We put a high emphasis on work / life balance, and we value and strive for 40 hour work weeks. There aren't set hours, but there's a lot to get done!
- We have a flourishing, positive, vibrant, and genuine culture.
- Take ownership of our existing production stack and help with making it performant with our growth.
- Strategically plan + implement the next iteration of ConvertKit's production stack.
- Work closely with the developers to to ensure code shipped will be performant on prod.
- Enhance our existing monitoring + alerting, as well as set up dashboards for critical functions.
- Manage infrastructure costs + spend.
- Help build a fast deployment strategy with easy rollback.
- Normalize the development setup via vagrant or docker containers.
- Help research, prototype, and recommend infrastructure solutions for production level bottlenecks.
- Triage production level issues along with the on-call engineer.
- Deep experience with administrating Unix/Linux
- Deep experience administering, maintaining, and architecting Mysql / RDS servers
- Experience with Redis and Rails
- Excellent knowledge of the infra/ops field, the tech and tools, and associated best practices
- Expert in config management tooling -- Ansible, Puppet, etc (we currently use Ansible)
- Deep experience architecting infrastucture with AWS - Autoscaling, EC2, VPC, etc.
- Strong experience with security related aspects - intrusion detection, server hardening, pen testing
- Well-developed "6th sense" for what may be happening to cause a busy system to become non-performant
- Has prior experience working with busy systems at scale
- We're a 100% remote company, so you should be autonomous, self-driven, and remote-disciplined.
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 7 paid holidays, and 3 sick days / year.
- The team gathers twice a year in-person for fantastic team retreats.
- Excellent Health benefits.
- 8 weeks paid maternity / 4 weeks paid paternity leave.
- $2500 equipment allowance given every 2 years.
- 4% matching 401k.
- Yearly conference credit.
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus.
- Health, vision, and dental benefits.
Applications for this position close on October 9th, 2017. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Grant, our director of engineering at email@example.com, or Ashley, our director of operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply: Please apply here: