Headquarters: Malta URL:
Note: Although this is a remote position, we are seeking candidates in the following timezones only: Europe (UTC+0 - UTC+4), US (EST only).
Hotjar is a rapidly growing startup which gives thousands of website owners, teams and professionals the tools needed to discover how their visitors are really using their sites. This is an excellent remote career opportunity for people who are eager to learn and grow within a lean and talented Marketing team.
As a Front-end Developer & UI Designer, you will:
- Be a part of our multidisciplinary Marketing team to build and design digital experiences that support campaign initiatives and align with go-to-market strategies.
- Improve the product user interface by collaborating with the Product Marketing team to implement, test and improve experiences for our users.
- Build and design web experiences for marketing campaigns that drive awareness and conversions.
- Write, style and design parent page templates on our CMS (WordPress or similar) for non-technical team members to easily work within.
- Need to be highly process driven and eager to learn new technologies and programming languages.
- Test and optimize existing website architecture for device compatibility, user experience and speed.
- Be communicating directly with visitors/users on a regular basis to investigate issues and truly understand how your work is being used.
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €50k - €70k annually based on your experience and skill-level. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered to a successful candidate will be based on relative experience and skills. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta. All other candidates will join our team as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside. Requirements
- Strong and sensible Web and UI design skills with proficiency in wireframing and design softwares (Sketch, Photoshop).
- Strong knowledge of modern browser technologies, cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations.
- Excellent self-starter who always thinks MVP first, collaborates effectively with designers and marketers and has the ability to work in a fast-paced team.
- Strong communicator and fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third party provider.
To apply: Please apply via