The work includes the creation of both prototype “proof of concept” demos to prove out specific technologies and algorithms. In addition the Data Scientist will provide general analytical support to the professional services, product management and engineering organizations.
- North America or Canada location.
- Able to work remote.
- Able to present evidence of your U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work in the U.S. and/or Canada.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; however other duties may be assigned.
The Data Scientist will apply and develop state-of-the-art algorithms for large scale stochastic optimization, predicting failure times and other machine learning techno;ogies like deep learning, signal processing and build and validate algorithms that satisfy specific customer requirements.
The position is based in the San Mateo California office, however exceptional remote applicants may also be considered. Some travel to customer sites is required to capture requirements, give demos, support projects and customer account teams. Input to technical sections of RFP/RFI responses is also required.
The Data Scientist will also own the roadmap for analytic functionality in specific areas.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- An advanced degree in statistics, physics, operations research, computer science or applied mathematics at the PhD level
- At least 3 years of experience in a relevant role
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Business skills to build the algorithms necessary find the right answers
- A flair for presenting complex results in a visual and intuitive manner
- Ability to abstract models across very different industries and formulate repeatable models
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team
- Strong skills in scala, and/or R, and/ or Python
- At least 2 years of experience building and applying predictive modeling in real-world use cases
- At least 2 years of experience in building large scale mathematical programming / operations research problems
- Smart meter and HVACC project experience is a plus
- Strong Statistical, mathematical, predictive modeling, machine learning skills
- Domain experience in building models for transportation, supply chain, scheduling, vehicle routing is a plus
- Exposure to big data systems and methodologies
- Proficiency in Java or C# (or Mono, or C++), SQL
- Experience in large scale optimization and meta heuristics a plus