Headquarters: Birmingham, AL URL:
As a Sr. Customer Support Specialist at Fleetio, your job is to support customers who use our software and ensure they have the best customer service experience possible. You’ll be directly responsible for keeping our customers happy and productive.
This role includes responding directly to customer questions on frontline support as well as troubleshooting escalated technical issues and potential software bugs. You'll triage incoming escalations and perform due diligence to ensure steps to reproduce, then work with the Product Management and Engineering teams to convert valid escalations into bugs/tasks for the product backlog. You will also enforce accountability between Support, Product, and Engineering teams on escalations, lobbying on customers' behalf and keeping them in the loop.
You'll also be responsible for producing and maintaining articles in our Help Center. This includes technical documentation, FAQs for common issues and training guides. You will even produce screencast videos to better explain how certain features work.
Companies around the world rely on Fleetio to manage their fleet operations and monitor their drivers. We take customer service seriously and consider this role essential to the company’s success. Be sure to mention coffee in your application so we know you actually read this.
- Handle inbound customer requests via email and phone (90% email, 10% phone).
- Troubleshoot issues that require technical knowledge to solve, including mobile app issues, integration issues, and data import errors.
- Triage escalations and ensure detailed steps to reproduce, then work with the Product Management and Engineering teams to convert valid escalations into bugs/tasks for the product backlog.
- Assist the Product and Engineering teams by testing new features and bug fixes.
- Spot trends and provide metrics on customer’s issues and bugs that help make informed, data-driven decisions around product enhancements and features.
- Write documentation and contribute high-quality content to our Help Center and internal knowledge base.
- Create screencast videos for specific features and functionality.
- Serve as a mentor and help guide to other Fleetio team members.
- Develop deep product knowledge and serve as a technical expert on Fleetio’s product offerings.
- Help design product-based training for Support including functionality overviews, common issues, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Advocate for new tools to facilitate troubleshooting & support.
- Ability to work 9am - 6pm, CT, Monday through Friday
- Genuine empathy for customers, and desire to make them feel happy and understood
- Passion for exceptional customer service and appreciation for its role in a company’s success
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Great interpersonal and teamwork skills; you’re naturally a helper
- Resourceful and determined, yet not afraid to ask for help
- Natural troubleshooting skills, deep analytics and research skills, and excellent creative and critical-thinking skills
- Deep curiosity and strong problem-solving skills
- Moderate to advanced technical aptitude, excited by technology and its ability to make you more productive, and a desire to continue to expand your technical knowledge
- General understanding of how web apps and mobile apps work
- Some HTML experience
- Prior experience doing email-centric customer support for a web application is desirable
- College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred
- 100% coverage of health and dental insurance
- Meaningful company equity
- Book program and professional development budget
- Mac laptop and whatever tools you need