About Barclays Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Overall purpose of role: This role is for a programme management support responsible for supporting Unsecured Collections in the delivery of key projects and programmes.
The Programme Management Support will be allocated to work with specified project or programme managers on their initiatives for specified periods of time; this may be for the duration of the initiative or to cover specific periods of work
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
- Support maintenance of project plans and work with initiative stakeholders to actively manage day to day activities, ensuring delivery accountability is in place across the initiative
- Coordinate the reporting process in accordance with Programme Management standards.
- Assist in the development and management of the initiative’s communication strategy and plan
- Support the programme/project governance structure and meetings assisting the programme manager in the preparation and co-ordination of materials
- Monitor Group Standards and tools compliance by PMs and delivery teams, perform assessments and track remedial actions.
- Keep the strategic reporting tool up to date with a current and accurate record of project plan and status
- Proactively working with project managers and business owners to drive completion of activities
- Pro-actively maintain the programme/project CRAID log and assist programme manager and work stream leads in the management and resolution of issues & risks;
- Work with the programme manager to create and track programme budget
- Support the PM in maintaining resource forecasts and staffing profiles, maintain resource plans and manage the onboarding process
- Ensure time recording is adhered to by project resources and follow up missing time
Risk and Control Objective: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include Skills & Knowledge
- Broad financial services experience
- Strong analysis skills
- MS Suite (incl Project, Excel and SharePoint)
- Solid knowledge of project management methodologies
- Experience of managing change in complex environment;
- Understanding of risk management & regulatory demands;
- Understanding of agile delivery methods
- In-depth knowledge of project office and project management function
- Good financial management experience
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of the Project and Programme Management systems and methodologies, processes, procedures and tools
- Commercial awareness and attention to detail
- Team working and experience working in a project environment
- Flexible and adaptable working style to work with multiple project managers
- Planning experience and RAID management experience
- Ability to network and influence others
- Prior experience of working in a Collections and Recoveries environment (preferred)
- Strong understanding of risk and issue management and how this is performing with senior/ challenging stakeholders;
- Ability to communicate at all levels;
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to build strong relationships;
- Collaborative style with ability to quickly build trust/credibility;
- Understanding of project management best practices/ methodologies/ project lifecycle;
- Strong delivery focus;
- Ability to identify and own resolution of issues
- Some multi geography project delivery experience.
The Benefits Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.
Skills & requirements: Key Technologies or Roles: This is a systems or database administrator position:
City: Manchester, Greater Manchester, GB, M1 1ED