Headquarters: Remote URL: teaching.com
Join the team at Teaching.com to build engaging products that make learning and teaching fun!
Teaching.com is seeking an experienced Project Manager to help build the future of online education. Join our team at Teaching.com, where you’ll work on exciting and engaging educational products including Typing.com, EduTyping, iAcademy, Nitro Type and more!
As a Project Manager at Teaching.com you will help make learning accessible to our growing community of more than 20 million students and teachers around the world. We are a lean, rapidly growing company that’s nimble like a startup, but established enough to skip the jitters and all nighters. As we continue to expand our product line, we’re looking for an experienced Project Manager with amazing organizational skills who can help us execute projects like a well-oiled machine.
We’re seeking a self-motivated candidate who can proactively lead and manage large, complex projects consisting of integration across teams. The candidate must have exceptional communication skills to help put in place the appropriate people, processes, and tools to optimize the efficiency of the project team. Specific roles include:
- Project Planning and Management: Define project scope, schedule, and priority while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform version/release planning for various products
- Team Management: Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Product Owner Support: Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, and helping to prioritize projects to align with customer needs and team capacity.
- Process Management and Improvement: Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Project Management
- Team Building: promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable velocity for team deliverables
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including cross-team collaboration, coaching and team building
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and development teams
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as detailed knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Sufficient level of technical background in order to provide leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately evaluate project risks and issues
- A proven track record of successfully leading software development projects to ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental & vision healthcare benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Remote office stipend and hardware assistance
- Flexible office hours
- Annual conference allowance
- Annual company retreat
- How to Apply
Please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
Sorry, we will not transfer or sponsor visas. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: Please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.