Headquarters: Remote URL: teaching.com
Join the team at Teaching.com, a company that creates engaging products that make learning and teaching fun! We are passionate about changing the future of education and are proud that we provide our 20+ million students and educators with the best educational experience possible.
As the Financial Manager at Teaching.com, you will not only provide financial and accounting support for a fast-growing organization, but have the opportunity to build our financial groundwork (i.e. accounting foundations, time tracking, expense management, etc.). We’re a small team that has a big impact, and each of us are empowered to move quickly, make decisions and get things done so we can continually provide our users with high-quality products that they love.
The individual in this role will be responsible for budgeting and monthly forecasting for various campaigns, initiatives, and activities. They will prepare financial and analytical reports on a monthly basis for company founder(s) and perform strategic financial analyses in order to guide business decisions in the areas of targeted marketing, product pricing, project profitability, etc. This role will serve as the sole finance support for the organization and will need to interface with all other contacts/departments within the organization.
- Monthly budgeting and forecasting for the organization, including partner organizations, and across product lines
- Monthly reporting and reconciliation of revenues and expenses– includes financial maintenance responsibilities such as actuals & forecast variance analysis
- Identify revenue opportunities and guide strategic decisions through data analytics—must be able to manipulate large datasets into meaningful action items
- Spend management and expense tracking for ongoing operations, special initiatives, and projects, which may involve liaising with major vendors
- Coordinate with internal partners and company founder(s) to create and maintain financial models used for the 3-year strategic plan
- Preparation of executive level reporting/presentations, including monthly business reviews and other strategic/ad hoc proposals
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree from a four-year college (e.g., B.A., B.S.) and 1 to 3 + years of technical experience as a Financial Analyst or equivalent, comparable experience
- MBA, CFA, CPA or similar professional designation in Financial Management strongly preferred
- Ability to develop and design complex spreadsheets, databases, or other report formats (based on business needs) to be used by others in the organization
- Ability to communicate comfortably and concisely with Executive Management, ability to work under time pressure and handle multiple projects at a time, ability to communicate, influence, negotiate and persuade team members at all levels
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental & vision healthcare benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Remote office stipend and hardware assistance
- Flexible office hours
- Annual conference allowance
- Annual company retreat
- How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, we will not transfer or sponsor visas. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com.