We're on a mission to make product development as fast, easy, and productive as possible, and we're excited about GraphQL because it makes code faster to write and easier to understand.
What you'll do
- Design, discuss, and implement new features in Apollo open source projects that give front-end developers what they need.
- Listen to developers, understand their needs, and represent them in the Apollo project roadmaps and issue lists.
- Work closely with contributors to merge pull requests and help new people get engaged in the project.
- Engage with the community on Medium, Stack Overflow, Slack, and at conferences.
- Collaborate with the maintainers of GraphQL, React, Angular, and other relevant technologies on proposed standards, feature ideas, and pull requests that advance the ecosystem.
- You like to keep up with the latest developments in the front-end data ecosystem, including technologies like Redux, Ngrx, RxJS, CycleJS, MobX, Relay, or Falcor. Ideally, you have contributed to projects like these.
- You care about building a high quality experience and making developers happy.
- You enjoy helping people, having collaborative design discussions, and talking about your work, online and in person.
- You have a positive, sunny communication style – a “rising tide lifts all boats” mentality.
- You enjoy collaborating with others, reviewing code and getting your code reviewed, and seeking feedback often.
- You are not afraid to ask for help when you need it and generous with help when others ask.
- You know how to work with a team to make realistic estimates, manage schedules, and delivery expectations.
This position can be done from our San Francisco headquarters, or anywhere else in the world. MDG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.