What you could do
- Build a microservice for pre-building application containers when users push new versions of their code.
- Develop a log collection and delivery service for allowing front-ends to browse logs from running processes.
- Implement a user authorization system that supports the introduction of new product features, adjustments to user restrictions over time, and other product lifecycle events like sunsetting product tiers.
- Build and maintain GraphQL performance instrumentation agents in languages like Ruby and Scala that aggregate performance metrics, and send telemetry into our cloud systems.
- Create a backend for collecting, aggregating, and serving a high resolution view of timing data from thousands of GraphQL servers running in the cloud.
- You've worked with modern databases and cloud infrastructure providers like AWS.
- You have experience writing server code for demanding scalability or availability requirements.
- You can write and test performant, fault tolerant, and secure server side code.
- You enjoy learning about new technologies and implementing new standards (OAuth, HTTP/2, Websockets, etc.)
- You enjoy reviewing code and getting your code reviewed.
- You can make accurate engineering estimates most of the time.
- You enjoy collaborating with others.
- You seek feedback early and often.
- You are not afraid to ask for help when you need it.
- You are generous with help when others ask.
- You know how to work with a team in managing schedules and delivery expectations.
- You think some of the above items apply to you right now, and you'd like to work in a positive and collaborative environment to learn all the others.
This position can be done from our San Francisco headquarters, or anywhere else in the world. MDG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.